Part time environmental research communicator needed
Climate Futures is seeking a self-starter with an interest and experience in clean technology and climate change solutions to manage the dissemination and communication of a renewable energy research programme – hybridGEOTABS (www.hybridgeotabs.eu).
The role will involve coordinating the needs of academic and industry partners and delivering work programmes, including:
- Liaison and management across members of the European consortium
- Creating content for website, digital and print e.g. research findings, blogs, graphics, videos
- Coordination and management of studio for design of digital and print media
- Website updates
- Newsletter and monthly circular
- Attendance at events
- Updating on progress at project calls and meetings
- Reporting to the EU
- Financial management
- A background and interest in a technical discipline (for example renewable technology, engineering or architecture)
- Experience in technical communication and design
- A track record in reporting and financial management
- Confident networker
- A self-motivated and disciplined individual who is comfortable working independently with little or no supervision
Start July 2017. Work intensity is estimated at approximately 120 days per year. Working arrangements are flexible. This may suit someone who has other demands on their time, for example family commitments. A job share is also an option. Location is also flexible, with home working or a desk space at the Edinburgh Centre for Carbon Innovation as possibilities. A long-term contract will be possible. A competitive salary will be offered, dependent on experience (£20+ per hour).
A decision on a second research project is pending, on the development of ‘climate services’ to adapt to climate change. This and other opportunities could offer the potential for further work.